• Dues are $15.00 per school year.
• Each family is required to plan one field trip or activity per year.
• After joining, each family will receive an invitation to join our Facebook group.
• All information to be shared with group members should be posted to our Facebook group or sent out by email. This includes:
• Field trip information
• Community activities
• Homeschooling law information
• All members must agree to the Homeschool Tangipahoa Statement of Faith and Statement of Family & Education.
• A directory will be posted on our Members page. The information provided in the Membership Application form will be included. This information is not to be given to anyone outside of the homeschool group and is only to be used to contact other members with homeschooling questions.
• Louisiana allows several companies to provide public school at home curriculum to Louisiana residents. Parents who choose these programs are not homeschooling as their children are public school students according to state law. Therefore, these parents are not able to join our group.
The Bible to be the inspired, infallible, divinely preserved Word of God, the supreme and final authority for all faith and life.
That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His imminent bodily return in power and glory.
That man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, can be saved.
That salvation in the free gift of God brought to the sinner by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose substitutionary death on the cross paid the penalty for man's sin.
That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict mankind: indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living service.
In the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that individual doctrinal differnces which may exist, outside of the aforementioned, should not hinder the unity of Christian Home Educators.
We believe that the family is the basic governmental, social & spiritual unit created by God. In it the child learns self-government, social relationships, and develops a relationship to the Creator and Savoir, the Lord Jesus Christ, according to John 3:5, Ephesians 6:1, and Colossians 3:20. The family also provides protection from over-extensive government and over-stimulating social involvements.
We understand "family" to mean a male and female parent, legally married, with one or more children (Genesis 1:26-28) although we recognize the variations of a single parent, adopted, foster, and step children (James 1:27). We reject homosexual marriages and homosexual orientation because it is contrary to Scripture and the intentions of God in creation (Romans 1:18-32). We reject transitory, cohabiting relationships as being equally in violation of God's laws and incapable of providing the long-term nature and instruction needed by children and commanded by God (Proverbs 1:8-12; Colossians 3:21; Ephesians 6:4).
We believe that the ultimate responsibility for education of children belongs to parents (Deuteronomy 4:9; 6:1-5). Thus, we believe this is an inalienable right given by God, which the State cannot create, destroy, or alter. Parents may allow another to teach cognitive information that children need to know, but all education must be under the ultimate control and supervision of the parents. We believe that all education is religious in nature since one's view of the world and life is inevitably involved in teaching (Proverbs 2:11-18; 3:1-2; 6:20-23; Mathew 28:18-20). Every discipline of knowledge, whether it be a subject such as mathematics, science, or history, will have as its final reference point a thiestic, or in the alternative, a humanistic view or reality. There is no neutral academic discipline. We believe that the religions of Secular Humanism and Christianity are mutually exclusive (Colossians 1:15-20; 2:8-15).
Pay your $15.00 dues for the 2022-2023 school year. Pay Susan through PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After reading the information above and paying membership dues, please complete your membership application below.